FaimMedia B.V. offers an Application Programming Interface (API) for the automated use of the Datenbank der Unternehmen. This allows you to request product data from the Datenbank der Unternehmen product catalog for republication. The conditions of this document are attached to this use.
- A key (API key) is required to use the API. You will receive this after your registration and payment have been completed.
- You must protect access to your account by means of the username and password from unauthorized persons. In particular, you must keep the password strictly confidential. FaimMedia B.V. can assume that everything that happens from your account after logging in with your username and password, is done under your direction and supervision. You are therefore liable for all these actions.
- Furthermore, you must keep the API key strictly confidential and only use it for your use of the API.
- As long as you comply with all requirements and obligations in this document, FaimMedia B.V. grants you permission to use the API for your websites, applications or other services.
- It is prohibited to use the Datenbank der Unternehmen API for any action that is contrary to Dutch or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Calls to the API are limited to a maximum number of calls per month or year depending on the chosen plan. When this limit is reached, further access during this period will be denied. It is prohibited to attempt to circumvent this limit in any way. In addition, FaimMedia B.V. can temporarily limit or stop calling in the event of maintenance, malfunctions or cases of abuse.
- You are free to present data obtained through the API as you see fit and in a format of your choice on sites and services under your control.
- If desired, you may display the name and / or logo of Datenbank der Unternehmen when presenting the data obtained. It is prohibited at all times to falsely give the impression that you are part of FaimMedia B.V. or have a special status / relationship with FaimMedia B.V. by means of the name or logo of FaimMedia B.V. or Datenbank der Unternehmen.
- If desired, FaimMedia B.V. and / or Datenbank der Unternehmen may show your company name and / or logo for use as a reference presentation. If you want to present a different logo, company name or website, you can submit this by email. FaimMedia B.V. and / or Datenbank der Unternehmen will never give the false impression that we are part of your company or have a special status / relationship.
- Data obtained through the API may be temporarily stored (caching), provided this is necessary to prevent unnecessary queries. However, you should take the usual measures to check whether these data are out of date.
- If FaimMedia B.V. establishes that you are in breach of the above conditions, or if you receive a complaint about this, it will warn you. If this does not lead to an acceptable solution, FaimMedia B.V. may restrict or deny your access to the API until the violation has been resolved. In urgent or serious cases, FaimMedia B.V. can intervene without warning.
- FaimMedia B.V. can recover the damage as a result of violations of these rules of conduct. You indemnify FaimMedia B.V. against all claims from third parties relating to damage as a result of a violation of these user rules.
Availability and maintenance
- FaimMedia B.V. makes every effort to make the API and Datenbank der Unternehmen available, but does not guarantee uninterrupted availability.
- FaimMedia B.V. actively maintains the API and Datenbank der Unternehmen. If maintenance is expected to limit availability, FaimMedia B.V. will carry this out during the night hours (between 23:00 and 07:00). Maintenance is announced in advance if possible. Maintenance in connection with calamities can take place at any time and is not announced in advance.
- FaimMedia B.V. may from time to time adjust the functionality of the API and Datenbank der Unternehmen. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome, but in the end FaimMedia B.V. decides itself which adjustments it will make or not.
- FaimMedia B.V. is available for a reasonable level of support in using the API through the website, twitter and / or email (or other channels disclosed to you). However, FaimMedia B.V. does not guarantee that all problems or requests submitted by you will be dealt with or resolved.
- The information provided via the API may be reused under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license unless stated otherwise in the output.
- The website on which you republish the product data from the product catalog is and remains your property (or that of your suppliers). FaimMedia B.V. has a limited user right to use this information for Datenbank der Unternehmen , including for future aspects thereof. You can withdraw this right of use by removing the relevant information and / or terminating the agreement.
- If you send information to FaimMedia B.V. , for example feedback about an error or a suggestion for improvement, you give it an unlimited and perpetual right of use to use this information for the service. This does not apply to information that you expressly mark as confidential.
- FaimMedia B.V. will not take note of data that you store and / or receive via the API, unless this is necessary for a good service or FaimMedia B.V. is obliged to do so under a legal provision or court order. In that case FaimMedia B.V. will make every effort to limit the knowledge of the data as much as possible, insofar as this is within its control.
Fee for the API access
- Access to the API is made available to you in paid subscription forms. Per subscription there are limitations in the number of calls per month.
- Payment is always made at the start of a new subscription period.
- Except in the case of intent or gross negligence, FaimMedia B.V. 's liability is limited to the amount that you paid in the three months prior to the moment of the harmful event. If you do not have a paid purchase, this liability is zero.
- FaimMedia B.V. is explicitly not liable for indirect damage, consequential damage, loss of profit, missed savings and damage due to business interruption.
- You indemnify FaimMedia B.V. against all claims from third parties in connection with the republication of the product data.
- A condition for any right to compensation to arise is that you report the damage to FaimMedia B.V. in writing within two months after discovery.
- In case of force majeure, FaimMedia B.V. is never obliged to pay compensation for the damage caused to you as a result. Force majeure includes malfunctions or breakdowns of the internet, telecommunications infrastructure, power failures, civil commotion, mobilization, war, transport disruptions, strikes, lockouts, business interruptions, supply stagnation, fire and flooding.
- Should the original data source of Datenbank der Unternehmen change its conditions for use or content of the source, FaimMedia B.V. will do everything it can to ensure the continuity of the API. Should the source expire, FaimMedia B.V. is never obliged to compensate you for any damage caused as a result.
Duration and cancellation
- This agreement starts as soon as your registration and payment has been completed and runs indefinitely.
- You can cancel immediately by removing your subscription via your dashboard.
- FaimMedia B.V. can terminate the agreement if you have not made any calls to the API for eighteen months. In that case, it will first send a reminder email to the email address known to you at FaimMedia B.V..
Changes in prices and conditions
- FaimMedia B.V. may always adjust these terms and conditions as well as the prices with effect from a new payment period.
- FaimMedia B.V. will announce the changes or additions via the service at least thirty days before they take effect, so that you can take note of them.
- If you do not wish to accept a change or addition, you can cancel the agreement until the date of entry into force. Use of the service after the effective date constitutes acceptance of the amended or supplemented conditions.
- Dutch law applies to this agreement.
- Insofar as not dictated otherwise by mandatory law, all disputes in connection with this agreement will be submitted to the competent Dutch court for the district in which FaimMedia B.V. is located.
- If any provision in this Agreement requires a communication to be made in writing , this will also be met if the communication is made by email, provided it is sufficiently established that the message actually originated from the alleged sender and that the integrity of the message is message is not affected.
- The version of communication or information as stored by FaimMedia B.V. is considered to be correct, unless you provide evidence to the contrary.
- If a provision in this agreement proves to be invalid, this will not affect the validity of the entire general terms and conditions. In this case, the parties will replace (a) new provision (s), which will as much as legally possible shape the intention of the original provision.
- FaimMedia B.V. is entitled to transfer its rights and obligations under the agreement to a third party who takes over the service or relevant business activity from it.